Friday, April 11, 2014

A Steam Punk Chic...

Hey Yáll! I am excited to be posting for Flying Unicorn for the first time. I need to express that I am a Julie Nutting Doll Stamp addict! I adore them and play with them as often as possible. The Tag I am show casing is my all time fave... at least until the next release. Ha! 
Meet Priscilla, she's a Steam Punk Chic. I dressed her up in some beautiful Maja Papers and embellished her with lots of Prima metals and flowers.

 

This is a fun and easy project. Begin by stamping your doll image on a sturdy cardstock and fussy cut her out. (I prefer a script or skin tone colored paper)
Next, stamp the image as many times as needed and with as many different papers as you want to fussy cut her cloths and hat. Take a few minutes to color her hair and even her accessories. I used colored pencils to color my girl. I added a few micro beads to her skirt and hat, using mod podge to adhere them. Next I layer up my tag with a punched strip and rectangle of patterned paper using cardboard between for dimension. I covered the metal bottle cap with micro beads using mod podge. Finally I layered some fussy cut flowers, metal and fabric flowers, along with a few bling pieces a metal word phrase. 
This project can be a little time consuming but well worth the your effort. I make them in every shape and variety, but this one is my fave! 



                                   

2 comments:

  1. AMAZING! I love the addition of the microbeads! Brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so talented!! I love this girl. Her dress is hot!

    ReplyDelete