Sunday, June 9, 2013

An awesome Canvas with a little "How To".......

Hello Blogger Friends!

Summer has finally arrived in Alabama. Have I ever mentioned that I HATE hot weather. I am pleading with Mother Nature to be kind this year.

I have a canvas to share with you today. I created this for a sweetie as a wedding gift. I chose the colors to match her home decor and the photo I added is one of the couple's engagement photo. It's the sweetest pic...look at the close up and check out the doggies tongue. lol!

I bought the frame for this first, which included artwork. I did not have a stretched canvas large enough to fit, so I improvised.

1. I removed the cardboard insert and removed all the dimensional artwork pieces.
2. I cut a piece of canvas fabric 2" larger on all sides.
3. I wrapped the canvas around the edges of the cardboard, pulling it as tight as possible and secured it with hot glue.
4. I painted the canvas all over with a cream paint and then dry brushed streaks with grey, dark beige, 2 shades of blue paint to achieve this look.
5. I added modeling paste, paint and micro beads using a Prima Mask, creating a circle and then a trailing effect downward.
6. The center of this cluster is a chipboard Clock from Leaky Shed Studios that I painted white and splotched with dark brown and then added micro beads in silver, gold and bronze.
7. I loaded this canvas with lots of Prima flowers, wood, bling and metal with a few other items from my stash, like that awesome Tim Holtz buckle.


Click on the pics for a close up view of each...




I could not get a clear photo with the glass but this is a look at the framed piece. 

2 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely gorgeous piece of art - love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delaina you have such a gift! This absolutely gorgoeus! I keep my eye on all your tutorials I learn so much! I would love it if you came to visit me once it would be an honor! All the best Pam.

    http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete