Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Altered Canvas Tutorial...

I created this Canvas using the January Mixed Media, Limited Edition Kit from My Creative Scrapbook and lots of goodies from my stash... Below I have pictured step by step photos of the background. The Flower, which is also in the MM kit has been colored by using a pink ink pad...easy peasy.

Please click on the images for a close up view...


Step 1-
I completely covered a 8"x 8" Canvas with Gesso . Let Dry.

Step 2-
I completely covered the canvas with the Crackle Paint included in the Mixed Media Kit. Let Dry



Step 3-
I cut a piece of the pattern included in the MM Kit and covered it with Mod Podge. Let Dry.



Step 4-
I used a small round sponge brush and dabbed white paint all over the canvas. Let Dry.



Step 5-
Using mask included in the MM Kit I added a little brown ink . Let Dry.



Step 6-
Dab a little more white paint. Let Dry.



Step 7-
I then added a thin layer of modeling paste over most of the  canvas. Let Dry.



Step 8-
I added a few Artisan Element Squares from an older kit and covered the entire canvas with Mod Podge.



Last Step....add lots of flowers and embellishments to decorate your canvas... I will have a video soon to show the way I altered the Dress Form from the LE Kit. Watch the Blog for Details.




8 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous!! I am a sewer, so this art piece is even more inspiring to me!! Just lovely Delaina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning canvas Delaina, loved your tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost done my Christmas album (have to keep putting ot the side for something else) just adding pics and then I'll post it and start this one it looks amazing! Learning lots I owe you :) Pam

    http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project! I saw this on Pinterest and had to drop by! I have not tried canvas but you have inspired me to give it at try! I have added this to my list of things to do! Thanks for the wonderful tutorial!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete