Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Ride on Little Yellow Bicycle...

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by my blog...If you are here then, I think you are awesome!

What a thrill to get to Ride with Little Yellow Bicycle and play with the New "Saturdays"  Collection. It's such a versatile line, from the colors, and design on the papers to the awesome embellishments. It's a must have for almost any photo. It's such a versatile line and so easy to scrap with.  Thanks to LYB for having me to join in the fun this month!


Click on the Images for a Close Up View...








I love to add layers and dimension to my pages and the parts and pieces included in the embellishment collection are perfect to achieve that. I used 3 photos here of my son...one is a 4X6 and 2 wallet size. I cut strips from the paper, cutting a V-shaped angle from the end of a couple of them. I added a piece of cardboard from a shipping box to the back of the blue strip to add plenty of dimension. I then wrapped twine around a few times and tied a bow at the top before adhering it down onto the other strips. As I adhere each strip, I used a sing trail of glue down the center, as to have room to tuck pieces and parts for extra interesting layers. I am a stickler for threading buttons, so I used the twine to thread the chipboard buttons before scattering them around the page.








I added white cardstock to this page and stitched around with white floss. At the top left, I added a few loopy stitches by simply hand sketching a few loops with a light pencil mark before piercing the holes for stitching. I punched holes in the chipboard banner pieces and strung them with a long piece of red jute. The Red pattern paper piece was cut from one of the Decorative Edge Cardstock. I again used one of the paper flowers as a trim by folding it and adhering it to a strip of paper. 








I began this LO with a bunch of paper flowers that I fussy cut from the Pick-a-Posy paper.... I find fussy cutting relaxing. It adds a layer of dimension and beauty to any page. The beautiful felt flowers were a perfect addition to the clusters created around the photo. I used one of the paper flowers as a trim near the bottom of the photo by folding it on the scored lines and adhering it to a strip of paper to hold it in place. The thick dimension was created by using small pieces of cardboard from a shipping box to level the pieces and adhered them on top of one another. 

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your Saturdays layouts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the LO of Simon. Fantastic! I actually keep a file of "inspiration" LO's on my computer. Consider your LO officially saved as inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete