Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Step by Step Version of MCS Contest Sketch...

Happy Saturday...Hope all is well in your neck of the woods this beautiful weekend...well. it's a beautiful day in Alabama...perfect temps and gorgeous blue skies.

I have a Step by Step of the awesome My Creative Sketches Contest Sketch #2 for you today. I piled so many flowers and embellishments on that you really have to look close to see the Sketch, so I thought I would share my process...Hope You Enjoy....

I used papers from Alla Prima to make this LO....You'll need some white and gold paint and the Brick Mask...this is a Prima Mask.


I used a sponge brush and painted the white over the mask first...after that dries I used a slim paint brush and just randomly made a few strokes of color on the masked area.


Next I cut the leafy image from one of the Alla Prima papers...adhere it down first as below...


 I layered several of the papers below, scalloped one to mimic the sketch...Adhere on top of the leafy cut out...


I punched a few Green Dot circles to layer behind the scallop for a little more interest and color...


Added a 4 x 6 photo and a few more leafy cut outs...


Raw Wood Fence I got at Michaels...Painted about 5" of to use on this LO...


I adhered the fence and added a Prima floral vine cut into 2 pieces....


The next few pics will show the Flower Cluster Close Ups...





Now for the Completed LO...




Check out the Contest at My Creative Sketches...Lots of fun and Super Prizes to be won!!!

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page and so much work you have put into it. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for showing us how to do that brick background, and your entire page! I love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ALWAYS enjoy your tutorials and process on putting layouts together! I truly appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely photo tutorial!! Thanks for sharing your creative process, Delaina!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great step by step tutorial Delaina, love seeing how you created this page! It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow.. thanks for the step by step.. how beautifully it all came together.. stunning finished layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab tut Delaina! This page is gorgeous and it's great to see your creative process!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning cluster and design! Thanks for the tutorial too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love how you step out your layouts. It's so helpful to see your process!

    ReplyDelete