Saturday, October 8, 2011

My First Ever...

 Thanks so much for stopping by...."You" make my day, just being here! I hope in turn, that your day is filled with laughter!

I have my, first ever, Canvas to share today. I have wanted to make one for quite some time but felt a little over whelmed by all the products....Do you ever love seeing others make such beautiful things and just won't take the plunges yourself. Well. that happens to me a lot, so I am conquering my fears....one project at a time...so without further ado...My Canvas... (Click Image for Close Up)



This is an 8X10 Canvas...I wanted to start small...lol!  First, I covered it with Gesso, which made it a white color. I wasn't happy with the white so I painted over it with a cream color. I then used a Prima mask and light blown paint to make the leaf pattern. After that dried I dry brushed randomly with light pink and white...I am happy with the results.


I used the My Creative Scrapbook's October Flower Kit to embellish, along with some crystals from my stash...and another of my fave photos of Anna.

8 comments:

  1. Love it! Can't wait to see more canvases from you Delaina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.. oh i always see things i love made by others and think i wish i could do that! this canvas is really beautiful, and i bet it looks even better in real life with all the textures you have put into the background.. i look forward to seeing what else you do on canvas...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Delaina, this is so so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful canvas! I love the masking in the background with those gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delaina this is stunning!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete