Wednesday, June 30, 2010

GCD Studios and a few simple techniques...

Today I have a few simple techniques to show you. I created this monochromatic, floral themed LO with a photo of my two sweet nieces. The background and cut out floral paper is from GCD Studios Independence collection.
The first thing I did here is create the outside white border line. I simply made a bended fold in the paper by creasing it over the edge of my table...

Then with it still folded over the table I used a little sand paper and lightly sanded the bend until I could see the white line pretty good...
I did this to all 4 sides. The measuring is not precise. Just around 1 1/2"in on each...
I then used a dotted rubber stamp with a little white ink for the dotted image behind the photo. I cut the floral and swirl shapes pretty precise but quickly.
I hope that you will try some these tips on your next project.
HapPy ScraPpin!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love the technique!! I'm gonna try it! Gorgeous lo...fab cut work!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL......Look at you!! This is awesome!!! Great techniques too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout! love the composition on this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love your work!!!! Everything is just fab and everything has it's place. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete