Friday, April 30, 2010

"GCD Studios" and a little stitching technique...

Hello...and Happy Spring! The weather has been beautiful here. I love when the seasons change, don't you?

Ok, moving on to a little scrappy technique using some awesome GCD Studios products.

This is a LO I created using the Artsy Urban Collection....a yummy collection, for sure. I am a negative space kinda girl so I new I wanted to keep this LO open and of course negative. So I began with a couple of strips of 2 papers from the collection. I adhere the pattern paper on top of the black and cream gigham. I cut a hollow circle of one of the red pattern papers and wrapped in behind the layered strips and adhered them all to a piece of white cardstock. Oh, and I always ink my edges...nothing is quite complete without a little ink, right?

Now for the technique...Hand Stitching just happens to be my favorite so I want to show you how I created this loopy scalloped circle shape.

You will need this Bazzill Stitch Template, Floss, Needle, and Paper Piercer... I place the template at the edge of the circle, over lapping about 1/4" and poked the hole through the layers of paper. Then to create the curve of the circle simply tilt the template as you proceed around the circle, thus making one small scalloped area at a time. It takes just a few minutes to finish and you will love the results you achieve.
Using a needle with a large hole for threading and 6 skeins of embroidery floss stitch around the scallop circle. This does take some time time but so worth your effort...

Your finished stitched Circle...
I added 2 twisted scalloped die cut borders, an inspiration card, crochet flowers, and the words were cut from one of the die-cut borders...all from the Artsy Urban collection. I also used a vintage label for my date from the Home Spun Chic collection. I really hope you will give this technique a try...It may be a little time consuming but the results are so rewarding and beautiful. Happy Scrapping!!!

14 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! that lo and the stitching are gorgeous!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE it!!! tfs! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous lo!! That stitching is phenomenal!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LO !!! Love your stitching technic !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one FABULOUS layout! The stitching looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Technique!!! I was wondering how you did that! This lo is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is quite a feat!!! I would love to try this. How did you make the template and what are those little plastic things? This is just stunning and what a great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've done freehand daisy chain stitch before...I'm not as patient as you; your's definitely looks neater! Anyway, I was going to add that you can add a bead here and there as you stitch as an extra-added bonus and it looks great too! Now...I wonder what layout that I did that on...going to find it, lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this technique! I can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just awesome! I have the same template and never thought of using it for circle shapes. Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very impressive!!! Thanks for sharing Delaina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for share this it amazing inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous technique!!!! TFS!!! Love how you used the red floss to make your lo pop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning!!! Love this technique and it looks amazing thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete